- About Us
- Programs Overview
- Sustainable Projects & Products
- Learn About Green Jobs
- Press & Events
- Photo Gallery
Why become a Louisiana Green Corps Member?
• To join LA Green Corps and the over 400 graduates to date in the green movement working to preserve both our environment and the architectural integrity of the Greater New Orleans area.
• Learn job skills, gain technical experience and begin to earn income.
• Learn home weatherization, deconstruction, construction and historic preservation.
• Technical certifications including: Roots of Success Environmental Literacy, 21st Century Life Skills, 10 Hour Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA), National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), EPA Lead Renovation Repair and Painting Safety Certification, Asbestos Awareness, US Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Awareness, and more!
• Mold and asbestos handling safety.
• Resume preparation, proper interview techniques, job readiness, civic engagement, financial literacy, along with other life skills.
• Create a career path for yourself in the growing field of Green Jobs.
How do I become a Corps Member?
• Are a resident of the Greater New Orleans Area
• Are able to commit to a work schedule during the term of service
• Are able to commute to and from central program site in New Orleans (program can aid in transportation costs, and will provide van transportation to and from projects across the region)
• Are willing and able to do physically demanding work
Potential Corps members must successfully complete application and interview process. In addition, applicants must have a photo ID, birth certificate, social security card, as well as proof of residency and household income.
To begin the application process call (504)613-4661.