- About Us
- Programs Overview
- Press & Events
- Photo Gallery
Why become a Louisiana Green Corps Member?
• To join LA Green Corps and the over 500 graduates to date in the green movement working to preserve both our environment and the architectural integrity of the Greater New Orleans area.
• Learn job skills, gain technical experience and begin to earn income.
• Learn home weatherization, deconstruction, construction and historic preservation.
• Technical certifications including: 21st Century Life Skills, 10 Hour Occupational Safety Health
Administration (OSHA), National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and more…
• Resume preparation, proper interview techniques, job readiness, civic engagement, financial literacy, along with other life skills.
• Create a career path for yourself in the growing field of Green Jobs.
How do I become a Corps Member?
• Are a resident of Orleans or Jefferson Parish (Jefferson Parish and Gert Town Residents get priority)
• Are able to commit to a work schedule during the term of service
• Are able to commute to and from central program site in New Orleans (program can aid in transportation costs, and will provide van transportation to and from projects across the region)
• Are willing and able to do physically demanding work
Potential Corps members must successfully complete application and interview process. In addition, applicants must have a photo ID, birth certificate, social security card, as well as proof of residency and household income.
To begin the application process call (504)613-4661.